Monday, October 4, 2010

Inspiration Monday

Fall is in the air, but not quite here yet. Later this week it is supposed to be in the 80s again! I adore this time of year when summer is fading and the blusteriness of fall is just creeping in. We went apple picking in all the loveliness and thus, my inspiration for the week. Until now, I hadn't realized that the colors of the orchard are actually the colors I am drawn to when decorating.
Apples in the orchard - I love the bright spots of red among all the greens. I think my kitchen/dining room is calling for a combo like this.
red apples on tree
The green/yellow color is a new favorite of mine. It is bright and cool at the same time. I adore it with the darker greens and the blue of the sky.
yellow apples on tree
All the loveliness at home. These colors just make me happy!
100_2587

As much as I love this time of year, these days that start out at 50 degrees and end upwards of the 80 degree mark drive me batty when it comes to dressing my family. We take the layered approach, but then I am always finding clothing strewn about that the kids have removed as the day goes on and my laundry pile grows exponentially. It is cool fall in the morning and warm and summery in the afternoon. I'll just enjoy the remnants of summer while I can, and catch up on laundry later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So gather round and join the conversation!